Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ahh I love Australia

So I think I am in love with how beautiful Australia is. I have been to the beach 3 times in the past week. We went to a different beach yesterday that was wide open, less people, and you couldnt see anything when you looked out into the ocean. We all swam out to a sandbar and played catch and just stayed out there for hours. I would love nothing more than to sit out there everyday and do nothing its so gorgeous. Jaci and I went with these two guys Dan and Jeff we met that are from Canada and then some people who I live around in my townhouse complex. My housemate Harry and a girl next door Eli have been so sweet to me and have invited me to everything they are doing. Harry is from the UK and Eli is from some island off of France. It's nice to meet people who are not just from Australia. I really hope to meet some Aussies when I go to class though. :) Today Eli and I went to the central market and she showed me where to get cheap meat, fruit, veggies, and seafood. Everything I see just makes me love it here more.

I found a church that I went to last Sunday. The people are really nice and I think I am going to keep going there. It is a beautiful church too. They also have a university christian group on campus with this church that I am going to look into when school starts.

Oh, and something I found out that is SOOOO exciting is that my birthday is on Adelaide Cup day which is actually a holiday for them! It's a huge horse race and I think I am actually going to see if I can work during the day on it so I can see the big event while making some money. :)

Here is a picture of the city...I live really close to this. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment