Friday, March 20, 2009

Not much going on..

Hey guys..
Just thought I'd give an update on things even though there isnt much going on lately. I have a lot more school work coming up like papers and such before our break starting mid April. We get two weeks off and right before that Luke is coming to visit. :) I have just been doing the normal stuff like hanging out with friends and going to class. It was rainy for awhile so the beach wasnt quite as nice but I got to go a couple times this past week when the sun and warmth came back. I am sad it gets colder than I thought it would in Australia. We are at the bottom of the continent so that is why though.
If you could just pray that I continue to enjoy my time here and make the most of it even during this time of less going on. That is the thing with living here for a semester, though I love it a ton, it is easy to just start getting into a daily routine and miss the excitment of being here. :) Pray that I also get time to talk to friends and family more back home since it has been in spurts that I have been able to. I also have yet to find a job around here. I figured out that I can be okay without getting one but part of me really still wants one for just a few shifts a week. Pray that I am okay with the outcome whether that be I am supposed to just enjoy my free time and not work or that I find something soon before it's too late. Also pray that I get more time with God since I have not been desiring that as much as I wish I did when so many other things are distracting me. My time with God helps me to focus on what is important and will really help me to enjoy my time here more than I realize.
You guys are such a blessing to my life and I am so thankful that you all care for me so much to read my blog, send me emails, and make time to say hi out of your busy schedules. I have felt so loved while being here from people back home and I just want to say thank you! :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aarika!
    How are you sweetie? Please know that I am always praying for you, as well as GG. I have been busy at work and busy with "grandma" things. I had a good time out in AZ.. visiting.. and it was fun seeing Rae and "O" together as well! I did send you a b-day card a couple weeks before your b-day...did you ever get it? : )
    I hope you know that I am forever bragging about what a special young lady you are! It is good for you to be doing all this traveling and independent "things" It is something you'll look back at and smile. Something you can tell YOUR grandkids about! Keep up the hard work, be positive and look to the Lord for guidance.
    Take care, pray often, study hard, be careful and have fun.

    Love you much,
    Grandma Glab

    ReplyDelete